Sunday, August 15, 2010

Emotions running wild


I feel like shedding tears, unfortunately its drought in my tear glands. I’ve got a friend of mine, whom I have never mentioned earlier. I just love him, adore him and envy him.

Now, why do I envy him? He is married got a kid, and he has got many similar friends , and when he shows me all those snap of family outings get together, a lump develops in my throat. Even I too want to have a family. For few days where ever I turn I see families, kid sitting on the shoulder of a father, and few of father’s friends talking/wooing kid to come to their arms; a son/daughter walking along with his father, having an ice cream, will I not get to have those pleasures.

When I am with him, sometimes I do wonder what is it like to be married, have a family, kids. Of course he every time, does, give me lectures on marriage life, family commitments and all those emotional stuff. Don’t you want to have a family?, this is a question I would like to post to all people who are above 25 yrs, gay and single.

Ooops the drought season has been taken over by rainy season.

14 comments:

  1. I dont feel that way, someday i might but hey may be i am too young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Branden
    Thanks for dropping by
    Actually i don't know what to feel, pretty much confused & worried, hope every thing turns out alright

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just 22 and I want a family...but I'm not in a position to do anything about it UNTIL I start earning for myself!

    Everything starts then...I'm going to be exploring the family option for sure and seeing if it's possible or not...i really don't know what's going to happen in the end but I'm counting on a family!

    I really do want a family!! REALLY REALLY REALLY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a comment from one of my friends when i told the same to him, " you mean changing diapers, cryings, screaming, No thank you", and it was like a whack on my head, saying wake up

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't get that! Does he not like 'changing diapers, crying n screaming'?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm.. The family guy in you aroused I suppose. We grew up in families amond parents and children..so its something that actually brings the relativity in you when you think from the perspective of a gay man.

    It happens...

    But gay life is aint easy buddy..

    Either take it or throw it. Its all on you. Actually its always has been.

    Dont worry.....with time every unwanted possibilities becomes acceptable solution somehow with time..

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Sid,
    Yes sometimes emotions do run wild. Hoping Time will bring the solution out.
    Thanks for dropping in

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never thought I wanted a family. But a lot of gay men do. And a lot of them manage beautifully. I have a gay friend with a daughter, and she is turning out pretty well.

    I hope you find your happiness.

    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Fickle cattle
    Actually i dont know what i want, pretty much confused, still pushing on

    Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Derric!

    You talk about your friend as if you'll never have what he has.

    Don't you think you can have a family of your own someday? Who's to say you won't meet someone special and be in a committed relationship yourself?

    Being gay might offer challenges to getting there but it shouldn't prevent you from starting a family all your own.

    I'd love to meet the man of my dreams one day, get married, and raise a family. But that CAN'T be rushed.

    So dry your eyes and let nature run its course!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete