Friday, April 16, 2010

Movies and Me/You



Hey guys I am sure you would have read or heard me telling that I am a movie buff...yes that I am. And as I was going through the blogs and after watch the movie” fame”,

I just remembered that that I have not written anything about the movies I like.
Oh yes I am a big fan of Bollywood movies, yes I do like the colourful sets of Karan Johar movies, and the comedies of Priyadarshan (mostly borrowed from the regional language, Malayalam, whatever be that) but I what like the best is low budget movies (serious movies, as some people like to call it), no no I am not talking of art movies (no idea what the heck is that), these are moves which portray true life, they take on bold themes. Hey when I mean small budget movies it does not mean no big actors, it just means not very elaborate sets and stuff.
Ok may be if I jot down my few all time favourites you might understand
My brother Nikhil, Mr & Mrs Iyer, Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd, Fashion (for Kangana Raut), A Wednesday, Iqbal, Chake De India, Tarae Zameen par, Rang De basanti, The white butterfly, Jab we met (for songs & colourful portrayal of N. India), Dus Kahaniyan (not all the ten though), Shabd (for the picturization)etc.
But when it comes to Hollywood, i love musicals especially where it’s the movies in which the young crowd fight for dreams and stuff, E.g. Fame, Billy Elliot. Movie which have music as the key factor, Sister Acts, Mama Mia. Then I am a fan of fairytales love the Harry potter movies, Lion King, Spirit, etc. Last but not least love action stuff too................no horror but may be thrillers, Underworld (I am not sure where you guys put the movie underworld – horror/thriller). I am not a very much fan of romantic moves with exception of gay romance. ....lol.
But of all the movies one thing is common, “the ray of hope”, I personally feel it’s what the ray of hope that keeps us all going in bad or worse. We all look forward, straining to see the ray of light at the end of the tunnel. And the best movies of all times have somehow achieved in showing us the ray of hope. Few of us say we go to movies to pass time, na ill have to disagree if we come out of a movie hall happy then that means the move was able to give us a new vision, a new direction, a change of scenario.
A new perspective to see life, that’s what we all are looking for.

1 comment:

  1. As SRK said in OSO, 'Abhi picture baaki hai meray dost'

    Hahahahaha.....i guess hope even is what gets us across thru some of the most difficult times! :)

    ReplyDelete