Thursday, May 27, 2010

Am I Gay Enough?



Last Sunday i had been to a friends place. I was eating his brains from Muscat for cooking me a something to eat. Ok when I said make me something to eat I just meant, I will nibble something what you have cooked for yourself, and not that make me a separate meal. On seeing him online asked him where is my meal and he was like ok ok ill cook up something for you, and he asked what do I want, and I in my mood said, I love Italian, Chinese, Roti & Dal Tadka (ofcourse I do like them), but never expected for him to do that, ok may be Dal & some Roti.
So Sunday by about 13:00 hrs I came online and saw him too so I said I am dropping by his place (ya I tend to do that) he said fine and it was good that I messaged him as he was feeling a bit lazy to cook up, now its cool
So I landed up, and the moment I entered the house I felt like wow, it was colorful and artistic to the right amount. A dash of colour here and there on the curtains, it was cool. Ok he stated cooking up after I arrived, I watched him cook dal, then I moved on to his computer watched a bit of “Emotionally” (Gay Indian Movie), absolutely hated it, I don’t think Indian gays are as portrayed in the movie, may be a small percent, what ever, then watched a bit of Queer as Folk, Latter days and then he came with the lunch…hmm (I need to name it something it was around 16:00 hrs). I was like OMG, what is this, had Chilly Paneer, Dal & Roti, and an Italian dish don’t remember the name basically pasta. And I remember him telling me that he is ok with Chinese but never tried Italian. So I asked him how did that happen , and he said, downloaded the menu, and I was like ‘Right’. He showed me the menu, I literally was dumbstruck. I have to say I did enjoy the meal, great man.

Now coming back to the house, there was nothing huge to suggest that he was gay. But yes I felt like I am entering a gay mans world…there is pink of course the beautiful pink of gay. Ok its basically red and when white light shines through its pink. I am not a very much a fan of pink. Of course its separate that that I do go through “Pink”. And some beautifully decorated lamp shades, made from recycled paper and stick. He has his bed on the floor (actually I prefer such setting) , so its like a seating area as well as his bed. And the wall plastered with wall paper just to give an effect of head board, beautifully done. And when you lie of course you have the computer at arms length, but your view is again an art work of stick and few leaves staring at you between the curtains of white and blue. Seeing all this it did made me wonder..Don’t I have any qualities of being a gay guy?
And yesterday, another friend he was talking about his shoes, how he takes care of himself and stuff, which I don’t do.
It really made me wonder what is wrong with me?. Am I not gay enough…lol. Don’t worry don’t have plans of crossing over

3 comments:

  1. It's not entirely about being gay....again what your referring to is called Stereotyping!
    It's that how we are pictured....we're shown to love decorating, fiddling arnd in the kitchen, being all sprucced up all the time with stuff in our hair, loving the color pink, hating sports, etc etc....tht's how even gays think of themselves as!
    Bt that's nt entirely true...sure, i'm not a fan of cricket...bt i love watch football(Partly cuz of the legs in small shorts) and tennis(Okay, same reason applies there)....bt u get the picture, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ sid
    thankyou for your reassurance

    @ Phunk
    that's an interesting prospective i never thought of, and even i am not a fan of cricket, the whole thing is covered up

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Wilmaryad
    Thanks for stopping by. Hey i just rabble wat ever i feel like, not something serious like your blog. Your blog has a sense of speaking to the world, and that has to be the attitude cool dude...cheers

    ReplyDelete