Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Oil & Vinegar

Hey church goers what is the first thing that you notice once you enter the church? What I first notice at Ruwi church is the flowers at the altar. This Sunday also I was admiring at the tint of blue among the greens and yellows, kinda sexy. Anyways last Sunday, the church was celebrating Mission Sunday, so the sermon was related to missionaries throughout the world. Seriously I don’t remember what the priest was trying to convey. But something that strokes me was the loneliness of these missionaries. How much all these priest and nuns would be craving for a hug. Hey I crave for hug every now and then, so how on earth are they living without being able to hug, or show any physical expression of love. The first thing that I am going to do on reaching home next time is give my brother a huge hug, he is a priest. Ya these missionaries do sometimes live in bizarre conditions to fulfil the work of the lord and share the news of the church, but if u asks me it’s this willing emotional isolation that makes them different from all of us. Hats off to all you guys. Though I was fascinated with the priest’s ceremonial robes, and in lower school I used to tell that I want to be a priest, it definitely was a good thing that I came to my senses before ............

(I am a catholic, so all my expressions are based on catholic priest)



Ok leaving the priests and nuns far away lets come to married life. Yesterday one of my friends called and told she got married last week.

Normal Person: Congratulations,
Me: even I said congratulations

She cries and tells that she ran away from family, shamed the parents and got married.

Normal Person: Sorry to hear that, but now you both are married don’t cry be happy
Me: Wow, you had a bollywood style, filmi marriage

Even she was taken aback hearing my reaction. Of all the people this was the weirdest reaction she got it seems. Ya I have proved myself to be nut case. But after the initial out blast I became the normal person, consoling, advising, and wishing them all the very best and stuff.




That song was to my prospective lover boy...lol

4 comments:

  1. Lol...hey, at least you managed to stop her from crying....so imo you did pretty good job! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Phunk,
    Hmmm, Thanks that means i am not that a nut case

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi DERRICK, ur comments on mission sunday was quite sharp..its a good reflection and observation. So, I need hug(s) too... take care.

    ReplyDelete