Thursday, December 2, 2010

Magic in the Air

If anyone asks what the best time of the year is, what’s your answer?

To me it’s simple “Christmas”. I consider Christmas time to be the most magical time of the year. And this year, it took Silver Bells” to remind me of the seasons arrival. Usually I am all full of cherry for Christmas, but this time I had totally forgot its Christmas, it was just December to me. Thank goodness that last Sunday’s closing hymn was ‘Silver Bells’. And she clinked well to awake me up.





I love all those Christmas movies, the carols, the rich plum cakes, the manger, children dressed as little angles, Santa Claus, the late night mass, the cold nights, stars, decorations....I love all about Christmas. I don’t remember which movie or the series gave me this messages but its beautiful message, and I am going to share with you. “Christmas is the time of the year where you have a beautiful reason to take that extra step for the ones you love. Spread the Christmas Spirit, of being for one another, go that extra mile”.



And Oman this time of the year looks the prettiest. The creeping of the winter chill, the flowers blooming and of course the lights and decorations being national day. Hey did you guys know His Majesty Sultan Qaboos, is celebrating his birthday and 40 yrs in throne, and I have heard that this 40 yrs were glorious years for the country. Under his leadership, the country has progressed in a steady manner and is still continuing. Sir, you rock, and your country is amazingly beautiful.



I don’t know, but Christmas & December brings magic in the air. People are cheerful, vibrant, shopping, sending cards and gifts. While in school, used to buy card and cards to sent it to relatives and friends, on 22nd & 23rd used to go for carol singing, and 24th used to go to church to help in making of the crib, and late afternoon rush back to home as mom will be screaming about who is going to make the crib, decorate the Christmas tree at home. It was fun man, and now. I don’t know it’s been years since I was at home for Christmas. Hey guys, if you are able to be at home for Christmas don’t miss that opportunity, that’s the best gift you can give to your family.



Merry Christmas to all of you.



3 comments:

  1. Amazing & Beautiful is this season of LOVE ! the mixture of human and divine love !
    you have rightly expressed that it is the BEST time of the year. Agreed cent percent.
    I would add: this season is most meaningful only if it is coupled with SHARING !
    have a joyful and sharing season of LOVE !
    Eddie G

    ReplyDelete
  2. The season fills me with love and hope. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Eddie & Toy Couture

    thanks for dropping in, and hope you have a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete