Thursday, February 25, 2010

Politricks


It’s been a few days since I want to write about the political scenario of Kerala and it’s high time to change, but I keep postponing due to lack of privacy in office...ya ya writing from the room is an option but not in a mood (But now I am doing it from room) Then I left it being Valentine’s Week and stuff. Now what made me scribble is because I vet got a news to tell.
I have shifted my room, this new room is layered with green carpet, and the moment I saw it I remembered my mom, she wanted to lay a green carpet on the floor. Fortunately or unfortunately this place is above a restaurant and so I don’t have issues for food, but the only problem is whenever I go I feel like ordering North Indian Thali (Indian bread, Curries, Rice set) and it’s a bit expensive. Yes here in Oman, I will have to say nothing is cheap, other than the beverage drinks. Even though I have shifted to the new room, (it’s about 15 mines walk from my place) I have not given back the key, got lots of fond memories and I like that room. It’s not that I am clinging on to memories but yes it’s the room which saw quite a good number of actions. Lol.....and I were wondering if one more was possible.
Ok, now coming back to Kerala, I just don’t understand, why is it difficult to get things done/completed. Got plenty of investments coming, be it external or from the central govt. But nothing is being fulfilled; everything is pending on paper works, or just the laying of foundation stone. We have to thank the whole news media, for highlighting all these situations. It’s a separate issue that it’s the competitions for news that brings out these discrepancies of the bureaucratic system. I remember hearing about Hi-tech City, Spice Garden, Internet City, Metro Rail, IIT, but where are they all gone? But I was a bit taken back to read in a news paper, that palakkad (a dist in kerala), has become the first in India to be completely electrified, but I don’t remember anything of a launch for such a process, may be things which are hyped up are the projects that get caught in the black hole, where time stands still.
Something which I absolutely loved to hear was the reaction of youngsters to a political party worker in Mumbai. For many years they used to come out during the Valentine’s Day, crying it’s against the Indian culture. Oh please we have a rich cultural heritage and that doesn’t change, and don’t forget culture is what we make, it’s what we decide how to behave. Behaving like mad dogs then the solution is only crude oil. Yes people youngster’s poured crude oil on a politician who was going on blabbering about western culture influence and stuff, and in original, they had their children studying and enjoying all the western culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment