Sunday, February 7, 2010

Rain Rain Come Again


Its flood time, people.

Today it rained in Muscat, and its reaction - my office was flooded. It was water and water, especially in reception area and unfortunately the slope of the floor was to my room, so I in water. Yes it’s a villa, and I was wondering if the person who built the property by mistake made a drain to inside rather than out side…lol
Actually, behind the reception, and file draws there is an exit, and the grill was temporarily closed, and some wise man had removed the covering sheet, so it was flood time.

It had been a hungama, thankful we had 2-3 cleaning staff and they worked good. In between one of the managers made an unnecessary comment that it’s the rain from India, and one cleaning staff was from India, I loved his reply “ Agar India Ka barish idar agaya tho Oman he nahi rahaga” (If the rain of India comes here then the whole Oman will be under water). I just smiled and moved away. Yes it’s true I don’t think the quantity of rain that India gets cannot be compared to rainfall in Oman. Sometimes there are floods arising here but it’s basically due to the topographical conditions rather than the quantity of rainfall.

And everyone preferred to have ‘garam garm pakoda & chai’ (fries & hot tea), atleast the Indian community in the office. But if you ask me I would have preferred to curdle down with someone under a nice warm blanket. Actually had plans of meeting him today, but I had postponed it to tomorrow, now I wish I had not done such stupidity. Lets see how the climate is gonna be tomorrow. Have kept fingers crossed for heavy showers, and if it’s a holiday, beautiful……..Ya ya I know it’s too much, hey I can dream.

First rain always brings out the excitement in all, I heard the oldest of my colleague saying she wish to go and enjoy a stroll in the rain. The same feeling I had with a small addition I wanted to enjoy the stroll with someone (brought memories of Hyderabad). To walk hand in hand in the rain, hey haven’t you seen most of the romantic sequences in bollywood movies are accompanied with rain. Definitely in India, people will be on the roads (snap posted is of Juhu Beach, Bombay).

2 comments:

  1. Hyderabad? How are you connected to Hyderabad?

    I love the Rain..

    In my bucket list, I included "kissing someone in the rain" .. :) Hope that happens soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. kissing in the rain, hmmmm that's new, heard about dancing in the rain.
    Been in Hyderabad for quite sometime now

    ReplyDelete